Bill Tripp designed AURORA to be a successful ocean racing yacht. Just a glance at her race history shows that AURORA quickly achieved her goals. Starting just after her launch in 1992, through the 1990s and well onto into the 2000s AURORA has appeared on the leader boards of some of the yachting world’s most prestigious events. Below is just a small sampling of this impressive performance.
- 1992: Newport to Bermuda Race, 3rd
- 1992: Stamford Vineyard Race, 1st
- 1992: Northern Ocean Racing Trophy 1st
- 1993: Transatlantic Race, 2nd
- 1993: Fastnet Race, 1st
- 1993: Miami to Montego Bay Race, 2nd
- 1994: Newport to Bermuda Race 2nd
- 1994: New York Yacht Club Fall Regatta, 1st
- 1994: Northern Ocean Racing Trophy, 1st
- 1996-97: Hong Kong Challenge Round the World Race, 1st (*)
(*) Sailing under the name MOL HUNGARIA
AURORA was built by Brooklin Boat Yard to not only perform well but to also be the type of yacht that can reward her owners with years of sailing enjoyment. Now that her time on the international yacht racing scene is past AURORA’s most recent owners have transitioned her from “cutting edge racer” to an easily handled (but still very fast), well thought out racing / cruising configuration that can still tear up a race course and do it in style and comfort.
|Builder||Brooklin Boat Yard|
|Construction||Cold-Molded Wood-Epoxy-Foam Composite|
|Auxiliary Propulsion||Yanmar 4JH2DTE 88 HP Diesel|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||85 Gallons|
|Freshwater Tank(s) Capacity||75 Gallons|
|Waste Tank Capacity||26 Gallons|
|Spar||GMT Carbon Fiber|
For complete information and additional photos of AURORA or any of the other yachts represented by Brooklin Boat Yard contact our broker John Maxwell by phone (207-359-2193) or email email@example.com.